Distribution Centres - Logistics Director
TJ Morris Ltd, trading as Home Bargains, is creating a new position of Logistics Director and is actively recruiting to fill this position.
• FY 2017-18: Turnover £2.1 billion, currently growing at 15% per annum. Profit before tax: £202 million.
• Stores: Currently 500 stores with plans to grow to over 1,000 stores in the UK in the next eight to ten years. Long-term desire to operate internationally.
• Distribution centres: Currently two one-million square feet, highly automated, Company owned and run, warehouses (Liverpool and Amesbury, Wiltshire) with plans to build a third highly automated one million square feet warehouse, to be operational in three years' time.
• Fleet: 700 Company owned and run tractors and trailers and Vehicle Maintenance Units (VMUs).
• TJ Morris Ltd is the 32nd largest privately owned company in the UK.
Based at Head Office in Liverpool and reporting to the Board, the Logistics Director will have responsibility for:
• Setting and implementing the Company’s Logistics strategy.
• Overall responsibility for the Company's logistics operations, including distribution centres and fleet.
TJ Morris Ltd, trading as Home Bargains, is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street. Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 500 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week. We offer a wide range of products and brands including; health and beauty, food, toys and games, household, clothing, seasonal, sweets, snacks, drinks and alcohol, as well as our own range of affordable home style. With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year.
A full advert can be downloaded here...
Applications should be sent to Laine.Maw@tjmorris.co.uk