Continuous Improvement Manager UK & Europe
Up to 70% European travel
£60,000 to £65,000 plus, bonus and benefits
Fantastic opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Manager with a good knowledge of Six Sigma / Lean principals, to join a leading 3PL.
You will have a background in retail, fashion, e-commerce automated operations. These skills and sector experience will equip you to be a driving force in the development of a continuous improvement system across our client’s highly automated warehouses.
This is a leading third-party logistics company with a growing portfolio of customers across a wide variety of sectors. It is very profitable, stable and has a strong appetite for growth and expansion. It believes strongly in good management of its people and has a most positive culture.
The job holder will manage 3 existing sites and two new start-up operations for a large retail customer. Based at an existing site, with an established management team, you will be required to help set-up and manage a new business stream related to e-commerce and direct customer fulfilment.
You will be responsible for leading continuous improvement throughout 5 sites. Process improvement will be gained through a thorough understanding of the individual processes, a real commitment to engagement across all levels of the team and a positive determination to deliver quantifiable results in a timely and robust manner. You will gain sufficient understanding of the operation to identify clear process improvements using continuous improvement techniques.
Working with the wider site team of managers and colleagues you will gain an understanding of operational challenges and through engagement identify practical solutions.
Additionally, you will: -
• By collation and analysis of data, assist the cross functional site teams in identifying performance versus KPI targets.
• Drive continuous improvement to improve costs, quality and service.
• Be responsible for the implementation of all change initiatives monitoring adherence to agreed timelines, highlighting potential risks and proposing appropriate mitigation
• Support the management team in the delivery of all KPI‘s and budgets.
• Support and implement change initiatives and process improvements
• Recognise opportunities and realise results with minimal direction
Candidates must have proven experience within a similar role along with the ability to embrace change and adapt within a constantly changing environment. It’s a given that you will be a self-starter with strong motivational abilities, good organisational skills and the ability to take the initiative. CVs to email@example.com