Head of European Logistics
Our client, a global manufacturing business located in Cambridgeshire is recruiting a Head of European Logistics, to be responsible for the design and implementation of European logistics activity, including transportation, warehouse operations and services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Line management and development of individuals within the European Logistics team.
- Responsible for effective delivery of re-structure programmes and recruitment activities associated with European Logistics.
- Define and implement the long-term vision for the European Logistics operation.
- Assess and advise on the logistical risk to business continuity.
- Define and implement logistics improvement initiatives targeting best practice safety and cost optimisation
- Drive the implementation of best practice warehousing and product handling principles
- Work closely with the sourcing teams to develop strategic logistics agreements
- Manage contractual and operational relationships with 3PL, freight forwarders and warehousing providers
- Define and implement logistics process improvements.
- Budget management.
- University Degree or equivalent in a quantitative or technical subject.
- Experience in a middle management role of a multi-national, industrial or consumer products company with responsibility for Freight Management or Logistics.
- A background with networked plants and multiple product lines are preferred.
- Experience in Sea and Road transportation, temperature controlled preferable along with exposure to hazardous goods.
- Track record of leading process improvement programs.
- Must be an effective communicator with people at all levels of the business.
- Must be driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Experience in leading improvement programs across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent in a Matrix organization.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures and behaviours.
For a confidential discussion and more detail about this role, please call Natascha Maenhaut on Tel 0207 207 3482.
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
£Competitive + car + bonus + corporate benefits. Assistance with relocation costs may be available.