Become a Chartered Member
Chartered Membership of CILT is the senior professional grade of membership. It is an internationally recognised and highly valued professional title.
Chartered Membership is awarded if the candidate can satisfy the criteria in two distinct areas:
- Educational attainment
- Level of managerial responsibility
There are a number of ways that these criteria can be met:
- An accredited degree and four years’ experience in logistics or transport (including two years at senior level), or the CILT Advanced Diploma or a relevant Level 6 qualification and five years’ experience in logistics or transport, including two years at senior level
- A non-accredited degree and at least seven years’ experience in logistics or transport, including two years at senior level.
- In addition, there is a Professional Entry route for those who not meet the standard academic requirements but have several years’ experience in logistics or transport (including two years at senior level). This requires applicants to submit a portfolio evidence to demonstrate that they meet the Institute’s criteria.
Chartered status is a significant personal achievement and acts as accreditation of an individual’s professional competence standing. Chartered Membership indicates the ability to:
- Exercise professional judgement
- Assume responsibility for planning and direction
- Influence strategy through innovation, creativity and change
- Apply principles to develop and apply new technologies, promote advanced designs and design methods, introduce new and efficient techniques and concepts and pioneer new services and management methods
- Manage and direct high-risk and resource-intensive projects
For more information on Chartered Membership, please contact the Membership department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01536 740104.