When: Tuesday 10th April from 10:30 - 15:30 hrs
Where: Accessible Transport Group, 80 Park Road, Aston, Birmingham B6 5PL
- Kevin Richardson FCILT, Chief Executive, The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Alastair Somervile, Director, Acuity Design
- Ann Bates, Transport Access Advisor, Lead PRM member on Gatwick Passenger Advisory Group & member of GTR Access Advisory Board
- David Bermingham FCILT, Chief Executive, Accessible Transport Group
- Julie Dixon, Head of Information, Design & Partnerships, TfL
- Mark Babington, Safety & Security Manager, Transport for the West Midlands
- Jon Harris, Associate Director, Integrated Transport Planning
- Neil Taylor, Director, Integrated Transport Planning
- Jan Brookes, Director, Isle Access
- Jim Morey, Access Consultant, Le Chat Noir Ltd.
The concept of transport chains makes clear that, where any link in the journey chain is missing or broken, it can prevent a person from travelling.
Changing between modes or making any kind of travel connection can be stressful and daunting for all of us. For many disabled and older people, it is often simply impossible because of lack of appropriate infrastructure and support, combined with the unreliability of services.
Planning and good practice in areas as diverse as timetabling, signage, ticketing, physical infrastructure and co-operation between providers, all play a vital part in joining the chain and making journeys achievable. As do first mile/last mile considerations, real time information, communication between services, sheltered travel hubs and buddying services.
This one-day seminar will explore the concerns and difficulties faced by disabled and older people and will look at practical solutions and examples of good practice to achieve joined up journeys.
A draft of the programme is available here.
Last year's seminar was oversubscribed. Delegates are therefore advised to book early!
To secure your place, book online now or contact Membership Services, Tel: 01536 740104 or email: email@example.com quoting the event code AIF0308.
Cost: Member: Free; Non-Member: Free
With thanks to for sponsoring this important seminar.