Logistics Operations Coordinator, based in Grangemouth – United Kingdom
Samskip has been serving the United Kingdom and Ireland for many years, building a strong, local presence as well as an extensive customer base. To extend our services and raise the effectiveness of our operation, we are in search of a reliable and highly organized.
Our Logistics Operations Coordinator keeps everything shipshape
In this versatile, coordinating role you will ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day business concerning customers and suppliers contacting Samskip with inquiries about bookings and shipping operations.
In this role you will be responsible for tasks, such as:
- being involved in all aspects of service delivery, from the point of loading to the final delivery of goods shipped to and from the United Kingdom;
- finalising load figures and coordinating arrangements for shipping operations by liaising with the Terminal, Vessel Crew, Pilots, Tugs and Locks on vessel arrival/departure times and working arrangements;
- processing bookings, vessel, capacity and equipment management to ensure optimisation and a smooth operation for both import and export voyages;
- liaising with the sales teams to ensure correct quotes and pricing are used;
- instructing hauliers and suppliers regarding import and export door-to-door movements and recover additional costs;
- ensure the service provided by our haulage suppliers is cost-effective and matches our door-to-door customer requirements.
As logistics is an ever moving business, the Logistics Operations Coordinator in Grangemouth provides out of hours cover within a duty rota system. Therefore a degree of flexibility will be required in this role.
Your skills and abilities as a Logistics Operations Coordinator
You have a HNC or CertHE level of education and at least two years of experience in a relevant field like planning, coordination and/or customer support in logistics or transportation.
Our ideal Logistics Operations Coordinator is a practical organiser who knows how to prioritise. You are no stranger to planning and scheduling and quick on your feet in regard to problem solving and finding solutions. You are thoughtful, pro-active with a client-orientated mindset.
In addition to the skills and knowledge mentioned above, you:
- are highly motivated, result-driven and have a strong ambition to grow and succeed, not only in this role, but in building a career within Samskip;
- have excellent communications skills and know how to listen and ask the right questions;
- are disciplined and have attention to detail. You are able to work independently, show initiative and self-motivation;
- feel comfortable working in a fast-paced logistics, cross cultural environment;
- know your way around computers and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
A fast pace in so much more than shipping only!
Logistics is never at a standstill and we want your career to keep moving too. Working at Samskip offers you a great opportunity for a career filled with potential within an international company. We want you to grow and develop, and will encourage you to expand your skills via our online Samskip Academy.
In addition, we offer:
- A market base salary that grows with your responsibilities, skills and experience
- Pleasant benefits, such as 23 days paid annual leave, a pension scheme and medical insurance
- A dynamic international working environment in which people become more than just colleagues
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Commit to your career: Join Samskip!
Become part of our team: apply now and tell us why you are the perfect candidate for this role. Click on the ‘Apply’ button and expand your horizon.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally-friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 633 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with around 1500 employees in total.