Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video
We have a vacancy based in our Cheadle Office for a highly skilled Logistics Operations Manager .
You will be responsible and take accountability for the management and delivery of service parts in support of our internal business partners throughout UK & Ireland. Fundamental to this role is the ability to manage our main Logistics Service Parts, warehousing, distribution and transportation and build a solid foundation for an excellent & productive working relationship taking it to the next level. Following the departure of the UK from the single market continue to adapt to ensure the new way of working is properly planned, managed and executed with minimum disruption to our supply chain and ultimately to end customers.
In addition, as the Logistics Operations Manager you will chair and schedule monthly cross functions teams to review performance and identify areas for improvement building up solid internal partner relationships. Take an active role in the program of Global Supply Chain Digital Transformation. Reportsing to the EMEAI Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Direct all activities of the Logistics and warehouse functions to enable world class activities.
* Implements and administers all systems and processes for maintaining control of inventory and transaction accuracy, storage methods and facilities, domestic and international transportation programs.
* Enforces the implementation of and use of SAP and its accuracy. Coach warehouse team on SAP and * SAP process improvements.
* Update, maintain, disseminate and control the effective implementation of Agilent logistics and warehousing processes in the UK.
* Define and implement strategies for Digital Transformation and continuous improvement and provide technical and administrative guidance.
* Audit the effective implementation of logistics processes and documentation regularly.
* Provide specific guidance on improved warehouse management techniques, conduct regular documented warehouse inspections and improvement action plans.
* Collaborate with cross-functional groups. And report monthly on all BFT's.
* Conduct regular Logistics Service Parts reviews and measure performance levels.
* Demonstrate ongoing commitment to risk reduction, and reporting, ensuring compliance with Agilent policies and procedures.
* Ensure that risks associated with logistics are evaluated regularly and plans are developed to mitigate any identified.
* Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Agilent Quality policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area.
* Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
Agilent's goals and values.
* Participate in regulatory and internal quality inspections and will be responsible for all issues related to warehouse operations.
* Ensure full compliance in all aspects of the operations.
Supply Chain Management
* Optimise inventory levels held in the warehouse.
* Liaison with 3PL/external parties for warehouse cost negotiations and management.
* Working with different disciplines and functions within the broader supply chain organisation.
Management and Leadership
* Drive digital solutions and be an active member of the digital transformation.
* Clear evidence and demonstration of Agilent's values in all matters always. One Agilent Mindset
* Highly self driven and motivated and drives own self development.
* Bachelors or Masters Degree or University Degree or equivalent.
* Membership of relevant professional Institution would be advantageous.
* Relevant years of experience in logistic/warehouse operations management.
* Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in job and ability to work independently.
* SAP Knowledge is preferred but open to experience with similar systems.
* Import/Export Customs knowledge.
* Good Communication Skills
* Position is based in Cheadle but some flexibility and a degree of home based working.
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.