Transport Compliance Planning Officer
Office Base: County Hall, Hertford
Starting salary £30,153 pa
37 hours per week
As a Transport Compliance Planning Officer you will be responsible for managing the transport procurement process above and below OJEU thresholds.
Leading procurement through a Dynamic Purchasing System to secure and award small vehicle Transport contracts.
Responsible for reporting to managers and stakeholders on total spends relating to contracts, reporting on transport contract trends and tendering comparisons.
In this role the transport contracts compliance officer will demonstrate an excellent understanding of contractual and legislative obligations and regulations in order to make proactive decisions to the benefit of the council.
• To procure, award and implement cost effect transport for Social Care and Education clients ensuring that policy and compliance are up held. Operating a Dynamic Purchasing System to award small vehicle contracts.
• Procuring through OJEU regulations for Local Bus tenders.
• Manage a number of small vehicle contracts from award to service delivery maintaining daily contact with both internal and external clients, either by phone, email or face to face meetings.
• Monitor contract performance through offsite visits to schools and Contractor Premises
• Liaise with clients, transport providers, user groups, customers and other interested parties to ensure the effective provision of appropriate services is being provided.
• Monitor Education and Social Care transport budgets with relation to tendering trends and reporting areas of concern and attend quarterly budget meetings.
• Maintain and update accurate HAPS/in-tend/HCC Contract Register database systems, in conjunction with other team members, recording clients, contractual and operator details.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organization skills, an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels. The ability to keep a cool head in a pressurized environment is a must.
A solid understanding of passenger transport within a local government organisation would be highly desirable.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Trudie German on email Trudie.German@hertfordshire.gov.uk or phone 01992 588640
Closing date: 31ST January 2018
Interview date: 9th February 2018