When: 4-6th April
Where: NEC Birmingham, Hall 4, The NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT
CILT Seminar Day – 4th April.
11.00 - 12.00 Modal switch - solutions and benefits
In this session we will consider how to go about modal switch and cover the potential benefits. We will also discuss some case studies of companies who have made these moves in order to demonstrate the scale of likely benefits. Following some short presentations there will be a question and answer session with the following knowledgeable panellists;
- Richard Brown CBE CL, FCILT Board Member, Department for Transport Board
- Catherine Weetman MSc, FCILT - Director, Re-think Solutions, Vice-Chairman, The Environment & Sustainability Forum
- Julian Worth , Chairman, The Rail Freight Forum
12.30 - 13.30 Deal or No Deal - free trade zones
UK Parliament has voted in favour of Prime Minister Theresa May beginning the country's removal from the European Union. Much has focussed on the regulatory/legal aspects, but we will be exploring the business opportunities, new business models and what Exporting and Free Trade Zones could mean in practice.
- Sue Terpilowski OBE, Managing Director, Image Line
- Paul Kelly, Managing Director, Actualis Marketing
- Geoff Lippitt, Business Development Director, PD Ports
14.00 – 15.00 Logistics Outsourcing A Life-Cycle Masterclass
An interactive session from the CILT with leading industry practitioners exploring key topics for those buying or selling outsourced logistics services:
> Strategic Planning – what to think about before you start!
> Contracts – killing the relationship or supporting its foundations?
> Know what you are buying: different approaches for different services
> Building the relationship: aligning objectives, managing contracts
- Jo Godsmark, Director, Labyrinth Solutions
- Phil Wood, Head of Order to Cash UK, Mondelez International
15.30 - 16.30 Raising Professional Driving Standards: Our drivers, our fleets our responsibility
> Moral - it's the right thing to do. Nobody is in business to harm people. Reputation etc
> Economic - it makes good business sense. Reduced costs, premiums, management time, down time etc. Link to reputation
> Legal - the last line of defence to protect people from harm, the legal obligations for those who have yet to see the business case for road risk management
- Austin Birks, Head of Business Development, uTrack Software Solutions
- Glen Davies, Transport and Logistics Specialist, AtoH
- Dean Clamp, Group HSEQ Director, Wincanton
For more seminar information and guest speakers click here
To register your interest click here.