Certificate of Customs Competency
Designed to give delegates the essential knowledge of customs procedures required to work in an operational role within an exporting, importing, transport or freight forwarding environment. It covers the requirements in a practical and pragmatic way ensuring delegates know how to operate legally and how to gain the benefits available for their organisation.
This in-depth course will include the following modules:
1. Customs in Action, Practical Compliance: EU, third countries, controls, AEO etc.
2. Customs Tariff Classification: the straightforward ‘how to’ guide
3. Customs Valuation: rules, impact and practical methods for how to arrive at the correct value
4. Origin & Preference: impact, calculation, Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) and most importantly how to gain the benefits
5. Specialist Customs Procedures: why and how to use the most popular duty management procedures available whilst avoiding the pitfalls; Assessment
• Operational competence in the customs environment
• Competent to undertake tariff classification and to identify and correct errors
• Competent to calculate the correct value of goods for customs purposes in different circumstances
• Competent to identify the correct origin of goods for customs purposes and to detect and correct errors
• Competent to identify the most beneficial and applicable customs procedure in different circumstances
This exciting new course sets the standard for professional competence in operational customs compliance. Under the new Union Customs Code a company’s access to customs simplifications, priority treatment and reduced cost will be based on external risk assessment. Successful delegates will be able to prove to employers that they have the knowledge and skills needed to work in this field without placing their organisations at risk. Companies having achieved or seeking to achieve AEO(C) or AEO(F) status will be able to demonstrate that their employees engaged in customs work have the level of knowledge expected by the Standard.
Who this course is for:
Those involved in the use of customs procedures at an operational or supervisory/management level. Applicable to exporters, importers, traders, customs brokers and freight agents of any size from SME to global corporations.
Monday 20th November - Customs in Action – Practical Compliance
Tuesday 21st November - Tariff Classification
Wednesday 22nd November - Customs Valuation
Thursday 23rd November - Origin and Preference - Gaining the Benefits
Friday 24th November - Specialist Customs Procedures and Assessment
Member - £1,765; Non-member - £1,950
*Participants have to complete all five modules to complete the Certificate. Participants can take modules from the spring, late spring and summer sessions although it is strongly recommended that they take all the modules in one session.
Further details are available at www.morley-consulting.co.uk