When: Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 0815 (0900) - 1500 hrs
Where: Transport for London, 10th Floor Auditorium, 5 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London E20 1JN
(overlooks Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park)
- Mike Brown MVO FRICS, Commissioner, Transport for London
- Richard Adams FCILT, Director, Mix Telematics
- Glen Davies FCILT, CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
- Jonathon Backhouse, Director, Backhouse Jones Solicitors
- Dr David Lee, Clinical Director, Sleep Unlimited
- Paul Mountford, Merseyside Police and Merseyside Road Safety Partnership
- Dean Clamp, Group HSEQ Director, Wincanton Group; Chair CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
- Richard Atkinson CBE FCILT, Marketing & Communications Director, CILT
- Laura Johnson, Head of Workplace Wellbeing Programmes, Mind
- Michael Tansey, CMIOSH, DipCII, UK Fleet Practice lead, RSA Insurance
- Graham Bellman, Group Fleet Director, Travis Perkins
Following on from the success of last year's thought provoking conference attended by over 150 delegates, the CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum is delighted to announce this year's conference will be held on Tuesday 6th November 2018 kindly hosted by Transport for London at their prestigious new facility at Stratford, London, overlooking Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. For directions click here.
With the average age of our industry's drivers set to continue to rise, coupled with the alarming rate of health related fatal incidents recorded on our roads, many of them avoidable, the robust and empathetic management of our drivers health and well-being has never been so critical. And so, this years' conference will focus on these vitally important issues, specifically focusing on the solutions.
To do this, we have lined up a diverse panel of expert speakers specialising in the field of driver health and well-being who will share their expertise and suggest practical solutions and advice on how best to approach and deal with these difficult issues: what to look out for and how to ask and address those difficult situations which must be tackled head on by the industry. Most importantly, what the key is to engaging empathetically with our drivers to ensure they gain our trust and are fit to drive and stay alive!
Our main aim is to raise awareness and help to educate our sector on addressing the issues by introducing small changes.
This is an unmissable event and a natural follow up to last year's conference aimed at fleet operators, transport managers, operations managers, indeed anyone in the sector, both transport and freight, with driver management responsibilities, health and safety, compliance. This is what some of our delegates had to say about last year's conference:
- The event provided general improvement of knowledge in an area of which I have little expertise.
- The range of topics covered was first class
- An excellent networking opportunity!
- All the speakers provided excellent industry knowledge; the exhibitors provided an excellent addition.
- Excellent array of speakers, very thought provoking.
Please note the delegate list will be vetted to ensure a relevant audience. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
A number of exhibitor places are also available. For further information or to sponsor this event, please contact Senior Regions & Forums Co-ordinator Ana Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note our events are extremely popular, last year's conference sold out. Secure your place now by booking online or contact our Membership Services Team, with your ready filled in Booking Form at email@example.com or on 01536 740 104, quoting the event code TLSF0009. We look forward to welcoming you and to your active participation.
Please note this event is likely to be oversubscribed. Should you book and subsequently need to cancel, you must inform us as soon as possible. If you book a place and do not show without giving us notice of cancellation, your future booking rights may be affected.
Cost: Members: Free
Option 1: £25, or
Option 2: Join CILT and attend the conference for free, please click here to view all our membership options and benefits.
To take this option, please contact us on 01536 740 104.