When: 11 May 2022, 09:30 - 12:45
Where: Prologis , Northamptonshire
- Liz Allister – Real Estate and Customer Experience Manager – Prologis
- David Turner – Rail Director – Malcolm Rail
- Julian Worth - Chair CILT Rail Freight Forum
DIRFT – A golden location – An overview of the UK most successful intermodal logistics park
Daventry International Railway Freight Terminal (DIRFT) first opened its tracks/doors back in 1997 ushering a new era in freight interchanges fast forward to 2014 and planning permission for DIRFT3 was granted and work continues a pace to complete.
Those who know the geography are aware of it’s prime location where the M1/M6 And A14 meet the West Coast Mainline and the Northampton Loop, in largely a rural location. This area has been dubbed by many as the golden triangle of the UK’s distribution sector and the industry plays an important role locally providing almost twice as many jobs in Northamptonshire as the national average*
DIRFT is arguably the UK’s best known intermodal facility, and with so much focus on the strategic and wider links it is easy to forget this is a place of business, so the Northamptonshire Group of CILT was keen to delve a little more into some of the detail of how customers are managed, operations are carried out and what the future holds for the sector.
Therefore we are delighted to hold an event in conjunction with Prologis, a key developer of industrial and logistic properties, who have been instrumental in the success of the DIRFT site.
We have organised 3 superb sessions, plus a tour of the 'hub' facility and an opportunity to network.
- 0930 – Meet and Greet
- 0945 - Customer Focus - The interface between Prologis and its client – Speaker Liz Allister – Real Estate and Customer Experience Manager – Prologis
- 1015 - Come together - Assembling a consumer goods train – David Turner –Rail Director - Malcolm Rail
- 1045 - Back to the future – What does 5 years’ time look like in intermodal logistics? - Julian Worth – Chair CILT Rail Freight Forum
- 1115 – Q&A
- 1145 – Hub site tour
- 1230 – Networking
- 1245 – Close
The Hub DIRFT
Satnav postcode is: NN6 7FT or landmark is ‘Dunelm new warehouse’.
The Hub is opposite the Dunelm warehouse and next to railway bridge.
*Northamptonshire Logistics & Transport Sector Research, Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership, 2012
THIS IS A LIVE EVENT E.G. IN PERSON AND NOT VIA ZOOM OR OTHER PLATFORMS
Booking for Members & Non-members- FREE
Click 'Book now' online to book, if you have any difficulties email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting event code: EMR0341
Note: If you are not a current Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, please be aware our membership team may be in touch with you using your email address provided regards membership opportunities. If you do not wish to be contacted please email and let us know at email@example.com
- LE2.1 Customer Service and Relationship Management
- FM1.1 Freight Transport Operations and Services