The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport is pleased to advise that a review is to be carried out of six suites of National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the warehousing and logistics sector.
The suites to be reviewed are:
- Logistics Operations
- Mail Services
- Traffic Office
- Driving Goods Vehicles
- Warehousing and Storage
- Supply Chain Management
National Occupational Standards are set by the industry and define the skills and knowledge required to carry out activities to the standards expected. They have many uses including job specifications, identification of training needs, training design and as a basis for qualifications. It is important, therefore, that they remain fit for purpose and reflect current working practices and legislation within the industry.
To ensure that National Occupational Standards continue to meet industry needs, you are invited to contribute to this review process by means of an electronic survey to enable information to be gathered on potential changes required to the current Standards.
To access and comment on the NOS, click here to access the survey.
To take part:
- Click on the suite you are interested in (we do not expect you to look at everything). Some suites have sub-folders to group the NOS together and make them easier to view.
- Click on a folder to open and view the NOS.
- Click on each NOS to read and comment.
- To leave a comment, use the ‘comments’ facility on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on ‘write a comment’ to leave general comments about the NOS or select ‘comment on specific areas’ to highlight particular wording and leave a comment. (The other two options ‘add a sticker’ and ‘@mention someone’ are not relevant).
- You do not need to complete the review all in one go but can return to it so long as all comments have been recorded by the closing date.
The survey will be open until the 24th September 2017.