On behalf of HMRC
HMRC would like to invite CILT members to test their new customs digital service. A new digital upload service to apply for a repayment or remission of import duties (C285) will be introduced later this year. It will replace the current process of sending your completed C285 and relevant documents by post or email.
• It will allow you to upload documents to support your claims.
• The service is designed to be intuitive, so no training is required.
• Beta testing started on 26 May 2021.
What we need
• Additional agents to agree to participate in private beta
• Agents to provide feedback as part of user research and allow system developers to observe using the service
Why we need additional agents and feedback?
• To carry out rigorous testing (stress test) of the system to allow us to move into public beta
What we will do to facilitate this
• Fully support all participants through the testing process
• Provide guidance and links to the new system
With your help, we can ensure that the service fulfils some key benefits to all traders:
• A straightforward way to send documents for customs checks
• Improved security when sending your documents
• More efficient communication if we have any queries
What to do next
If you’re interested in testing the new system, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 June 2021. Please include a contact name, email address and phone number in this email. We’ll then send you further details.