Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
on from the success of the 2017 and 2018 Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
– which were each attended by over 150 delegates, the CILT is delighted to
announce the continuation of the Annual Conference into 2019.
In 2018, the Conference explored practical solutions to managing driver health and wellbeing, full details can be seen below. The topic for 2019 will be announced in due course and we look forward to welcoming each and every one of you.
average age of our industry's drivers is set to continue to rise and the rate
of fatal incidents recorded on our roads, many of them avoidable, is alarming.
In this view, the robust and empathetic management of our drivers’ health and
wellbeing has never been so critical. The 2018 Conference focused on these
vitally important issues and their solutions.
To do this, we lined up a diverse panel of
expert speakers, specialising in the field of driver health and well-being.
They shared their knowledge, practical solutions, best practice and advice.
Together we discussed what to look out for and how to ask and address those
challenging situations, which must be tackled head-on by the industry. Most
importantly, what is the key to engaging empathetically with our drivers and
ensure they are fit to drive and stay alive?
When: Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 0815 (0900) - 1500 hrs
Where: Transport for London, 10th Floor Auditorium, 5 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London E20 1JN
- Mike Brown MVO FRICS, Commissioner, Transport for London
- Richard Adams FCILT, Director, Mix Telematics
- Glen Davies FCILT, CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
- Jonathon Backhouse, Director, Backhouse Jones Solicitors
- Dr David Lee, Clinical Director, Sleep Unlimited
- Paul Mountford, Merseyside Police and Merseyside Road Safety Partnership
- Dean Clamp, Group HSEQ Director, Wincanton Group; Chair CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
- Richard Atkinson CBE FCILT, Marketing & Communications Director, CILT
- Laura Johnson, Head of Workplace Wellbeing Programmes, Mind
- Michael Tansey, CMIOSH, DipCll, Uk Fleet Practice lead, RSA Insurance
- Graham Bellman, Group Fleet Director, Travis Perkins
What people thought about the Transport & Logistics Safety Forum 2018:
"Personally I think it was well organised and there was something that everybody could relate to (like issues on their own fleet) or new ideas to apply to their own businesses."
"The presentations were well planned and flowed in a logical order and complemented each other well adding up to a good appraisal of the subject. There was a mix of the explanation of the problem, justification of the need for action and some potential solutions. Also I thought it energised those in the room to go back and explore what they can do."
"Excellent speakers, networking, finding out information from some of the exhibitors."
Take a look at the topics discussed during the
2018 Transport & Logistics Safety Forum in our downloadable presentations
Download PowerPoint file here
Download PDF file here