Environment & Sustainability Forum
Chair: Geoff Clarke FCILT
Vice-Chair: Catherine Weetman FCILT
Environmental sustainability is an increasingly critical issue for businesses, worldwide...and therefore for transport and logistics professionals.
Our chosen definition: Sustainability = enough, for all, for ever
- Issues include resource availability risks and ecosystem degradation
- New, sustainable business models present supply chain challenges
- Transport is a key energy user and pollution contributor
- Congestion and modal shift present UK infrastructure challenges
- Climate change (and whether caused by humanity) is still hotly debated
The Forum's purpose is to support awareness of the critical importance of environmental sustainability, and position CILT as a key provider of reliable and thought-provoking information:-
- Promote new thinking and research
- Share best practice
- Highlight regulatory issues
- Encourage debate
- Link to Subject Matter Experts in business, government, academic and NGO organisations.
The forum has a LinkedIn Group where you can post links to documents or interesting events, and discuss key topics.