Transport Managers Forum
To provide an open platform for Transport Managers who can benefit from the awareness and understanding of the vital role we play in the safe, legal and efficient operation of our fleets across all industries and sectors.
To create a progressive leadership role that will focus on maintaining and developing compliance and best practice within our industries.
The Transport Manager Forum will seek to act as a discussion group to Transport Managers in the key areas of:-
1. Is Transport Management for me?
1.1. Transport Managers Qualifications & Certification
1.2. Course development and expectation
1.3. Wider business understanding
2. I’m new into the role, what are my responsibilities?
2.1. Duty of Care - Health & Safety is our priority
2.2. Management of Occupational Road Risk (M.O.R.R.)
2.3. Leading and managing people
2.5. Industry specific legislation & legal compliance
3. I’m an established Transport Manager, what next?
3.1. Professional development
3.2. Promoting professionalism in our industry
3.3. Attracting and retaining talent
3.4. Future career opportunities
4. What’s new in the industry?
4.1. Cutting edge technology & advanced system development
4.2. Competitive, innovative solutions
4.3. Dynamic transport infrastructure
5. Information Exchange
5.1. Understanding what is happening in wider industry
5.2. Networking & sharing best practice with fellow professionals
The Forum will be managed by a steering committee, comprising of a nominated Chair, Vice Chair (to be ratified) and a Secretary. This will be supported by a wider Committee of members of the Forum to assist with key projects, as necessary. Committee members will be expected to attend 4 meetings per year and actively contribute to the Forum objectives in line with their area of expertise.
Jonathan Scott, CMILT
Christopher Powell, MILT
- FORS and CLOCS 2016 - View here
- February 2018 What Drives Smart Cities - View here
- March 2018 Confronting Transport Poverty - View here
- September 2018 Anti-Social Behaviour on Public Transport - View here
- February 2019 Oh' Plougher of Scotland - View here
- March 2019 Smart Transport can Save Lives - View here
Above is just a small selection of articles that have appeared on Focus Magazine.
- Develop and promote suitable forum events addressing topical issues
- Working Groups
- Social media as a mechanism for sharing & cascading information