Welcome to Construction Logistics Forum
A message from the CILT Construction Logistics Form Chair: James Haig FCILT
The Construction Forum aims to promote to the UK construction industry the benefits of good logistics and supply chain management. The forum’s ambition is to encourage managers and supervisors working in the construction industry to include logistics and supply chain management skills as part of their professional development. It is our aspiration to use the extensive network of logistics expertise within the CILT to help the forum members implement logistics initiatives in construction industry that improvement in construction supply chain performance.
In 2015, the forum plans to continue to broaden the representation from the construction industry and develop initiatives that benefit logistics professionals working in the industry.
The objectives of the Forum are:
- To promote to the UK construction industry the benefits of good logistics and supply chain management.
- To encourage managers and supervisors working in the construction industry to include logistics and supply chain management skills as part of their professional development.
- To encourage networking of all those with an interest in construction supply chain management and provide a framework for the benchmarking of construction supply chain performance.
Joining will enable participants to
- Explore or demonstrate applying appropriate supply-chain techniques
- Share innovative thinking to improve time, effort, and money spent
- Access to Construction logistics experts, speakers, and industry influencers
Focus Magazine Articles
|Our Vehicles, Our Safety, Our Responsibility: Improving Road Safety for Vulnerable Road Users
||Developed by the CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum, this short film highlights the need for transport & logistics companies to work together and put road safety at the top of the business agenda. The film explores three key principles:
Human lives. Lives must always be at the forefront of any decision making process.
Economic. Prevention is more cost effective than any post event cure.
Legal. Protection of the company’s good repute is vital to future company success.
View the film here.
Launched by the Transport & Logistics Safety Forum on Tuesday 31st March 2015, Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedford. Read the Focus magazine conference report here.