Warehouse and Freight Manager
Stiga Ltd is actively recruiting for an experienced full time Warehouse and Freight Manager, with a good knowledge of an ERP logistics system.
The role is based within a garden machinery manufacturer/distributor. We are one of the leading manufactures of garden machinery in the UK and Europe. The position is available immediately
Your role as a Warehouse and Freight Manager is to organise the storage and distribution of goods. You'll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
This roles oversees the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a range of goods
Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, a warehouse manager manages people, processes and systems, in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets are met. The role will also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards.
The role will be based in Plympton, Plymouth though there will be management of warehouse space across different locations in the UK.
Salary will be based on experience
As a warehouse and freight manager, you'll need to:
· liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies
· plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
· use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
· have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
· coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
· respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
· keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
· plan future capacity requirements
· organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
· motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
· produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
· brief staff and management on a daily basis
· maintain standards of health and safety, and security in the work environment.
· oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
You will need to have:
· excellent oral and written communication skills
· numeracy and an understanding of finance
· knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
· people management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas
· planning and organising skills
· the ability to work as part of a team
· the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team of people
· analytical ability
· initiative and decisiveness
· technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
· problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
· the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Minimum 4 years Warehouse Management experience
Minimum 4 years ERP system experience
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply for this job please email email@example.com including a CV and covering letter.
Deadline for applications is the 28th February 2019