About the job
Transport Manager – Conditioned Transport – Immingham
Attractive package subject to experience
Farm Trans Group is a young and dynamic logistics and supply chain organisation, focused on Intermodal conditioned freight, and bulk transport. From its headquarters in Moerdijk, The Netherlands, it employs about 350 people and operates 200 vehicles and 325 trailers.
The UK branch, Forrest Logistics, currently operates a fleet of 10 trucks and 14 trailers/chassis, but due to expected growth, this will be extended substantially, in the short term.
This is a fundamental role in the company and requires an individual with strong attention to detail and methodical approach to Transport Management, Planning and Logistics, as well as someone with an interest in Business Development. The role will require applicants to manage the transportation from point of entry in the UK –Killingholme/Immingham & Harwich - to our customers sites around the UK. Transport management skills, transport planning, cost saving and logistics exposure is required. If approached dynamically with innovation and enthusiasm, the role can be greatly fulfilling; providing experience of a high-pressured environment with an array of varied tasks and duties from people management to ensuring the maintenance of vehicles and transport legislation. Mechanical knowledge to assist drivers in fault finding will be considered an advantage.
- Manage completion of driver compliance (infringements, defects, wtd).
- Driver training/inductions.
- Driver Assessments/audits.
- Ensure that drivers comply with hours, speed limits, and tachograph laws.
- Downloading digital vehicle tachographs.
- Liaise with service contractors (booking services/defects).
- Debriefing drivers.
- Assisting transport planners and manager, based in The Netherlands.
- Supervise the transport to the end-user.
- Oversee the scheduling of the daily and routes.
- Monitor and report on transportation costs.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment.
- Research and suggest cost-effective delivery methods.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- All those duties reasonably associated with your job title.
- full National & International Transport Manager’s CPC.
- C + E licence and Driver’s CPC would be an advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management; experience with (reefer) container road transport is highly desirable.
- The Transport Manager requires knowledge and understanding of all areas of the supply chain, budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls.
- must also be safety conscious with a full knowledge of the transport operations and maintenance and be detail conscious with regards to the vehicles themselves and route planning
- Manage drivers (holidays/sick days, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in working with MS Office suite and Drivers Hours compliance software.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- BSc in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus.
- Desire to develop with the company.
- Ability to “think on their feet”.
- Have the ability and confidence to structure their working day without direct supervision.
- Live in the Immingham area.
Apply in the first instance by sending an e-mail to the HR department in The Netherlands at email@example.com, attaching a copy of your CV and a motivation letter containing at least how you see the next 5/10 years of your professional career progressing.
Application deadline is 31st March, 2019