Based: Castle Donington - Derby
Salary: Up to £75k per year, plus potential for 20% bonus
We are currently looking for a true people leader to join us as an Operations Director, to inspire and motivate our people to do what they do best! In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £75,000 per annum, plus potential for 20% bonus & excellent benefits. The role is mainly based in Midlands but we would consider other locations as well.
Here at Breezemount, we are market leaders in the 2-person home delivery service. We work with international brands such as IKEA, and our aim of “getting it right first time, every time”, underpins everything we do!
Reporting into the MD, our Operations Director will have overall accountability for the performance of six operations, leading a team of General Managers in order to deliver results across the operations.
You will control costs and maximise profitability by motivating, leading, inspiring and developing your General Managers and sites to consistently deliver the highest standards of safety, quality and service.
As our Operations Director, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing and reviewing all operational costs and budgets
- Ensuring that all costs are reported on a weekly basis
- Carrying out regular reviews with the General Management team
- Ensuring full compliance with current and future Transport Legislation
- Promoting and maintaining Health & Safety to comply with business and legislative requirements
- Undertaking people management of all staff
- Working alongside the HR department to ensure that all policies and procedures are in line with company standards
- Developing and leading General Manager and Site Management Teams to consistently deliver excellent customer focus and service
- Achieving operational KPI’s and customer service targets
- Maintaining excellent relations with Client Management at Store and Central operations
- Developing strategic and operational plans and projects
- Providing a quality and cost-effective route planning function
- Providing quality systems & IT support functions
- Developing reporting and analysis to support improved operational efficiencies
What are we looking for in our ideal Operations Director?
We are a people business, so first and foremost we are looking for a demonstrable leader of people, with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead by example. We are also looking for;
- Significant experience of successfully managing a minimum of 6 sites
- A current Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage, or equivalent
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, customer-oriented logistics environment
- Strong commercial and budgetary awareness, with the ability to manage financial performance
- A highly credible individual with the ability to influence and win the confidence of others
- Good presentation skills and a polite, tactful and friendly character
- Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to pay great attention to detail
- Excellent time management and delegation skills
- A high level of PC literacy
What can we offer you as our Operations Director?
In addition to holidays and pension, as a valued member of our team you will benefit from:
- An extensive range of discounts on - retail outlets, utilities, holidays, insurance and automotive
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP
- Access to a voluntary Health Care Cash Plan
- Company car or car allowance
- Private healthcare
If you’re looking for a new challenge within a market-leading business, click ‘Apply’ now to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to become our Operations Director!
We are an equal opportunities employer.