Johnson & Johnson
Customer Logistics Services is a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, which has more than 250 operating companies in 60 countries. A multi-national manufacturers of pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, and biotechnology products, as well as personal hygiene products J&J ...employs approximately 129,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Our Family of Companies comprises:
· The world’s sixth-largest consumer health company
· The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices and diagnostics company
· The world’s fifth-largest biologics company
· And the world’s eighth-largest pharmaceuticals company
CLS was set up in 2011 to enable alignment of all supply chain activities across all J&J sectors ( MDD, PHARMA & Consumer) worldwide. Splitting into Clusters while encompassing these sectors would enable J&J to leverage existing competencies and knowledge across all sectors while driving efficiencies & cost savings as the level of potential duplication reduces. Although in relative infancy CLS have already ensured $15MM dollars of savings for Johnson & Johnson as a company in EMEA alone during 2012.
The top level strategic imperatives of this organization are set out below:
- Customer Service – ordering/invoicing the right products for the customer (not in scope in EMEA)
- Warehousing – pick and pack the right products for the customer
-Transportation - delivering products to the customer at the right time
- Businesses Services – ensuring the right data, systems, processes and capabilities are in place to enable an exceptional customer experience
- Customer Experience – make it easier to do business with J&J by improving consistent/reliable accessibility, quality and responsiveness of our services, while innovating the customer experience
- Market/Channel Access – enable/design the reach and method of delivery to allow access to emerging markets and serve existing markets in new ways
- Risk & Quality – set strategic direction for anti-counterfeiting measures; influence safe & secure operational practices; influence related industry standards; implement one quality system framework for CLS
- Logistics Network Optimization - optimize the footprint of DC’s and call centers; optimize the transportation network; optimize the processes and leverage our scale to enhance our capabilities.
The aim of all this is to establish a worldwide platform which will enable J&J to give the best, most comprehensive medical support to our patients & customers worldwide.
Visit the website for more information: http://www.jnj.com/connect/