Logistics Research Network Conference 2021
'Sustainable and resilient supply chains in disruptive times'
Date: 8 - 10 September 2021
Host: Cardiff Business School
Where: Online Conference
Please be aware that bookings are now closed for this event. If you have any concerns or questions about your booking please contact Alli Glandfield at email@example.com
With the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic still being felt globally, leading not just to a health crisis but also with substantive economic, social, political and environmental consequences, there is a need for academics to influence both the theory and practice of logistics for more resilient and sustainable supply chains. The core purpose of future research needs to not only provide economic improvements but also generate wider benefits to positively impact on current mega-trends and challenges.
LRN 2021 will debate and critique the whole range of contemporary issues associated with resilient and sustainable supply chains.
Prof Joseph Sarkis - Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Hanken School of Economics
Prof Alan McKinnon - Kühne Logistics University
Christopher Kent - Head of Supply Chain Analytics, Ocado
Tim Coughlin - Head of Planning Analytics, Ocado
Gwyneth Fries - Senior Expert Manager, Bain & Company
Jenni Edwards - Managing Director, ESC International
The event will cover 97 abstracts across the following themes:
· Supply Chain Resilience
· Digital Transport in Supply Chain
· Ocean Logistics: People, Processes, Technologies and the Environment
· Steering the Road Freight Sector: Towards a Zero Emissions Strategy
· Logistics Decarbonisation
· Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
· Co-growth to Enable Economic Prosperity, Resilience and Sustainability: The food and beverage supply chains
· Sustainability/Circular Economy in Food Supply Chains
· Sustainable Design and Manufacturing
· The Impact of COVID-19 on Logistics and Supply Chain
· Circular and Sustainable Supply Chain
· Specialised Supply Chains, Supply Chain Future, Theory and Innovation
· Logistics and Transport Technology
· eCommerce Logistics and People in Logistics and Supply Chain
Logistics Research Network Conference 2021 - PhD Web Workshop
You are invited to join this year’s LRN PhD Web Workshop on 10 September 2021 (9.30 - 12.30). It is aimed at doctoral students or people just about to embark upon doctoral studies. The half-day workshop promises to be exciting and inspiring and will provide new-comers to LRN with the opportunity to virtually meet new friends and future colleagues.
This workshop provides a unique opportunity to network with students from national and international universities, share the challenges of doctoral training with like-minded peers and benefit from the experiences of leading supply chain/logistics scholars.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- to bring together research students from different universities and departments
- to explore issues relating to doctoral research, particularly common themes affecting doctoral students around the world
- to provide advice and encouragement to doctoral students (but not supervision!)
As well as the LRN PhD workshop on the morning of 10 September 2021, there will be a pre-conference industry workshop on Industry 4.0 for Resilient and Sustainable Supply Chain Practices, the 5th iLEGO Workshop (Innovation Lean Effective Green Operations) will take place on Wednesday 8 September 2021 from 13:30 - 17:00 (BST) hosted by Cardiff Business School via Zoom. Register your place today.
LRN 2021 will be hosted by Cardiff University’s Logistics and Operations Management Section, which is celebrating its 21st Anniversary. The Section is a constituent member of Cardiff Business School that, in 2015, became the world’s first business school to put ‘public value’ at the heart of its operations.
Please note: at least one of the authors is expected to pay to attend and present the paper. Only full papers will be considered for the two best paper awards (best research quality and best research impact) and Special Issue of International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications.
There will be specific streams driven by enthusiasts with a passion for knowledge generation, enhancement, and delivery; as shown below.
LRN 2021 Organising Committee:
Emrah Demir (Co-Chair), Beverly Francis (Conference Officer), Allison Glandfield (CILT Events Manager), Irina Harris (Special Issue Guest Editor & PhD Workshop), Angharad Kearse (Communications Officer), Maneesh Kumar (iLEGO Chair), Mohamed M. Naim (Special Streams Chair), Lucy Hemmings (CILT Events Coordinator), Stephen Pettit (Book Publishing Special Stream), Vasco Sanchez Rodrigues (Conference Chair), Xiaobei Wang (Conference Programme Chair), Zara Watson (CILT Marketing Manager)