Transport & Logistics Safety Forum
When: Tuesday 12 November 2019 from 0815 (0915) - 1530 hrs
Where: Transport for London, 10th Floor Auditorium, 5 Endeavour Square, Stratford, London E20 1JN
Did you know that:
- 1 in 3 road deaths are of someone driving for work?
- 5 people are killed on our roads every single day?
- Every 23 seconds someone in the world is killed in an RTC?
- Drive for work?
- Manage people who drive for work and are therefore responsible for their wellbeing?
- Have responsibility for occupational road risk?
If so, this conference is an absolute must for you! Building on the excellent foundations laid over the last few years on the topics of:
- Improving Road Safety for Vulnerable Road Users: view the video here
- Our drivers, our Fleets, our Responsibility: Raising Professional Driving Standards - launch of the Managing Risk in the Supply Chain Training Programme
- Delivering Safety First – launch of the Effective Driver Management Guide
- Drivers Health : Fit to Drive and Stay Alive
This year’s CILT Transport & Logistics Safety Forum conference brings together Occupational Road Risk experts and will focus on promoting and raising awareness of the need for organisations to proactively manage road risk rather than leaving it all to luck! We will demonstrate how the consistent implementation of best practice policies, high standards of staff training and fostering an open environment conducive to honest communication to / from drivers will lead to a safer environment for all therefore reducing occupational road risk! The conference will also explore what happens when things go wrong and how you might avoid this from happening in the first place. Delegates will also have an opportunity to ask questions to our expert panel.
The Forum has made it their mission to make a difference by making all aspects of our sector safer for everyone. Please help us all achieve this with your participation!
- Mike Brown MVO FRICS FCILT, Commissioner, Transport for London
- Dean Clamp, Group HSEQ Director, Wincanton Group; Chair
- Glen Davies FCILT, Director, A to H Solutions
- Andrew Drewary, Director, Road Safety Smart
- Vikki Woodfine, DWF, Workplace Transport Regulations
- Richard Atkinson CBE MA FCILT, Teaching Fellow, Aston University
- Steve Vachre, Motor Specialist, UK Corporate, JLT Specialty Ltd.
- Paul Hilton, Claims Executive, JLT Specialty Ltd.
- Anne Marie Perry, Driving for Better Business
- Kevin Richardson FCILT, Chief Executive, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Limited places are available this year. For further information, or to sponsor this conference, please contact Senior Regions & Forums Co-ordinator Ana Walker at email@example.com.
Non-Members: £75 or £50 if you book by 31st August 2019
Please note our conferences are extremely popular and sell out every year. Secure your place now by booking online now. Alternatively please contact our Membership Services Team, with your ready filled in Booking Form at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01536 740104, quoting the event code TLSF0010.
Please note this event is likely to be oversubscribed. Should you book and subsequently need to cancel, you must inform us as soon as possible. If you book a place and fail to attend without giving us notice of cancellation, your future booking rights may be affected.
What people thought about the Transport & Logistics Safety Forum 2018:
"Personally I think it was well organised and there was something that everybody could relate to (like issues on their own fleet) or new ideas to apply to their own businesses."
"The presentations were well planned and flowed in a logical order and complemented each other well adding up to a good appraisal of the subject. There was a mix of the explanation of the problem, justification of the need for action and some potential solutions. Also I thought it energised those in the room to go back and explore what they can do."
"Excellent speakers, networking, finding out information from some of the exhibitors."
Take a look at the topics discussed during the
2018 Transport & Logistics Safety Forum in our downloadable presentations
Download PowerPoint file here
Download PDF file here